SecuGen Hamster IV
The SecuGen Hamster IV is an easy to use, USB fingerprint reader that can be installed quickly on any Windows PC.
The Hamster IV is SecuGen’s popular and versatile fingerprint reader that is FBI Certified. Featuring a comfortable, ergonomic design, the Hamster IV is built with the industry’s most rugged and advanced optical sensor using patented SEIR fingerprint biometric technology. The Hamster IV can be used for authentication, identification and verification functions that let your fingerprints act like digital passwords that cannot be lost, forgotten or stolen.
Smart Capture™ ensures quality fingerprint scanning of difficult fingers. By automatically adjusting the brightness of the sensor, Smart Capture allows the Hamster IV to capture high quality fingerprints from a wide range of traditionally difficult fingers, including those from dry, wet, scarred or aged skin, and even in bright ambient conditions such as under direct sunlight.
- FBI Certified (PIV, FIPS 201, Mobile ID FAP 10 Compliant) meets FBI Image Quality standards
- High-performance, maintenance-free optical fingerprint sensor
- Rugged sensor resistant to scratches, impact, vibration and electrostatic shock
- Auto-On™ – automatic finger detection technology
- Smart Capture™ – high quality fingerprint scanning of difficult fingers (dry, wet, scarred) in challenging environments and conditions such as under direct sunlight
- Removable weighted stand
- Integrated finger guide
- Latent print image removal (does not accept prints left behind)
- Encryption of fingerprint templates (with SecuGen Proprietary templates)
- Fingerprint Device Recognition™