Please note that there is no refund or return once this product is purchased and a license key issued.
ActivIdentity ActivClient for CAC 6.2 Download. This is the middleware required for use with DoD issued CAC cards.
If you'd like to use your CAC card on your personal computer to access secure websites and portals, you'll need a FIPS 201 approved smart card reader and this middleware (Windows Only).
The file will arrive as a download to your email address you provide with your order.
This version of ACTIVCLIENT DOES NOT SUPPORT WINDOWS 8, for Windows 8, please see ActivClient 7.0
Note: This is a download. You will not receive anything physical. If you have not received your download within 20 minutes after placing your order, check all junk / spam folders. If you are not able to locate your download, contact us immediately.
Step 1: DOWNLOAD
- Click download
Step 2: SAVE
- When prompted if you would like to open or save the file, click save
- By default, the file will automatically be saved in the computer's "Downloads" folder
- Navigate to the Downloads folder by going to the file explorer (icon looks like a yellow folder)
- Find the folder named "Downloads"
- Once open you will see your download (usually at the top of the list)
- If this method didn't work, press the start button and type "activclient6.2"
Step 3: INSTALL
- Right-click on the folder and either select "Extract Here" or 7-Zip -> "Extract Files"
- In the space titled "Extract to:" specify where you want the extracted files to be saved
- The new folder will be created in the specified location and its icon will no longer have a zipper on the folder
- That is the folder that contains the installer, double click it to open it
- Double click on the installer file (.exe) and you're on your way
*Repeat the above steps for installing the appropriate HOTFIX file (either the 32-bit or 64-bit version)